Wednesday, June 02, 2010

There’s a lot about Hrithik Roshan that hasn’t changed with the stardom he’s attained

Anurag says that “Kites” has changed you a lot as a person too. Would you agree?

I think it’s quite true because I have evolved. In fact, the person inside me changes with every film. I’ve been doing “Guzaarish” for the past 8-9 months where I see the world go by through the eyes of a paralysed man. So, all films teach me a lot. It helps me to filter out all the significant things from the trivial issues that would bother me every day.

So has this change helped you become a better actor as well?

Yeah, definitely. I think your work is a reflection of the person you are and how you live your life. You, as a person, are inseparable from the work that you do. So if you want to create anything that has to have a value, you have to live that kind of life to develop those instincts to create that. The experiences that I’ve had in the journey of my life have helped me learn and grow. And your interpretation of life in your work subconsciously travels into the hearts of the audience who are watching you. So it’s always you that will reflect in your work. You know, it’s like, between the painting and the painter, one can’t say which is better. A painting is the manifestation of the painter’s vision of the world that he portrays in the painting. It’s as simple as that.

Which is the most memorable moment that you have of “Kites”?

When Anurag Basu narrated the script was the most memorable moment. It was at a point when I was contemplating not continuing as an actor because of my knee problem. I had given up and was depressed and heart-broken. I didn’t want to continue as a compromised actor, you know. I was at a crossroad of sorts, thinking of what do I do ahead of here. And then came “Kites”. When Anurag narrated the script to me, I could see my face on that character. I had a vision and that the vision was so strong that I knew it had to manifest. I just kept struggling and working on it and imagine that right before the shoot, in fact on the day of the shoot my knee healed, quite dramatically!
For Complete IIPM Article, Click on IIPM Article

Source :
IIPM Editorial, 2009


An IIPM and Professor Arindam Chaudhuri (Renowned Management Guru and Economist) Initiative

Read these article :-

No comments: